We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent People Services Team Leader, working for a leading training provider in Berkshire.
You will be an integral part of the People Services division, leading the team through a period of change and primarily to provide the business with high quality customer-focused transactional service. Emphasis is placed on this role to drive and deliver a culture of process improvement, and in turn provide excellent service to managers and employees.
- The function will provide a full service of human resources administration and front-line consulting to all employees of the company.
- Be responsible for documenting the employee lifecycle in accordance with policy and guidelines.
- Manage the administration of voluntary and contractual benefits.
- Review and implement the results of corporate audits, focusing on the People strategy.
- Proactively manage all means of customer contact with the team.
- Manage workload, prioritize and distribute tasks within the team.
- Proactively coach, develop and manage team performance.
- Suggest and implement process improvements that will contribute to more efficient work practices – be a subject matter expert for all operational HR processes and share knowledge as appropriate with the team.
- Effectively manage GDPR and other auditable processes.
- Manage the onboarding and lifecycle of senior hires (e.g. new executives)
- Support the People Service Manager in ‘People’ projects
Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a shared services environment and extensive experience in transactional HR.
- Ideally, team leadership experience or proven people development.
- Comfortable working quickly and with urgency, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Good ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Ability to identify and resolve potential issues or problems and take action to prevent them from developing or recurring.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in processes, customer service and working methods.
- Highly organized and ability to plan, delegate, prioritize and multi-task.
- Able to coach team members to improve their performance and develop their skills.
- Assertive oral communication and clear, succinct written communication are essential.
- Logical thinking style with a methodical approach to work.
- Collaborative and flexible style with the ability to adapt approach based on changing business needs and personalities.
- Confident with data and MS Excel.
The company offers a hybrid work, 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
For more information on this position, do not hesitate to apply or contact me directly.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.