As a People Services Team Leader, you will lead a team of 8 people who are responsible for providing a comprehensive HR administration and frontline advisory service to all employees, as well as cycle documentation life of employees and the administration of voluntary and contractual benefits. This role offers an excellent opportunity to improve processes and working methods, as well as to coach and develop the People Services team. Hybrid work is offered.
Our client is a leading provider of technology training and talent services
As the People Services Team Leader for this business in Slough, you will lead the People Services team through a period of change, scaling the service to enable the people team to provide the company a high quality customer-focused transactional service. You will deliver a culture of process improvement, focus on data integrity, and excellent service to managers and employees.
- To provide a comprehensive human resource administration and frontline consulting service to all company employees.
- Be responsible for documenting the employee lifecycle in accordance with policy and guidelines.
- Manage the administration of voluntary and contractual benefits.
- Manage the results of business audits ensuring staff results are reviewed and implemented.
- Proactively manage all means of customer contact with the team.
- Manage workload, prioritize and distribute tasks within the team.
- Proactively coach, develop and manage team performance in 121s and team meetings.
- Suggest and implement process improvements that will contribute to more efficient work practices – be a subject matter expert for all operational HR processes and share knowledge as appropriate with the team.
- Manage and escalate appropriate complaints.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to comply with GDPR and other auditable processes.
- Work closely with other areas of the People team, especially Payroll and Employee Relations, answering all questions and raising any potential issues.
- Motivate and develop commitment in the team.
- Manage the onboarding and life cycle of senior hires (e.g. new executives).
- Support the people department manager in people projects (salary reward, TUPE, new benefits, policy updates, etc.)
- Act as an HR SME on family-friendly policies, e.g. maternity
To apply for this People Services Team Leader position in Slough, your profile will closely match:
- Previous experience in a shared services environment, either as a team lead or highly experienced in transactional HR and looking for a first team lead role.
- Excellent administrative skills and ability to solve problems.
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment where the focus is on continuous improvement.
- Excellent task and time management skills.
- Attained or actively working towards becoming an associate member of the CIPD.
Skills and abilities
- Must be comfortable working quickly and with urgency, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Good ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Ability to identify and resolve potential issues or problems and take action to prevent them from developing or recurring.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in processes, customer service and working methods.
- Highly organized and ability to plan, delegate, prioritize and multi-task large volumes of work orders.
- Able to coach team members to improve their performance and develop their skills.
- Assertive oral communication and clear, succinct written communication are essential.
- Logical thinking style with a methodical approach to work.
- Collaborative and flexible style with the ability to adapt approach based on changing business needs and personalities.
- Confident with data and MS Excel
- Strong working knowledge of generalist HR policies and processes.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to meet SLAs, manage and prioritize a number of tasks at once.
- Good understanding of labor law that applies to the administration of HR tasks.
- Good understanding of equality, diversity and data protection in the workplace.
What you will bring
- Friendly and professional and a great ambassador for the People team.
- Strong desire to learn and grow within the People team (e.g. commitment to supporting low-level emergencies to complement development).
- Be tenacious, resourceful and resilient.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Emotional resilience, able to handle ambiguity.
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence with a strong desire to continue learning and eager to progress in their career.
This People Services Team Leader position offers:
- Vacation – eligible for 25 vacation days, which increases to 26 after 3 years, 27 after 4 years and 28 after 5 years.
- Vacation Purchase – This policy allows employees to purchase up to 5 vacation days during each vacation year.
- Pension – 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Ride a bike to work.
- We offer great corporate pricing at over 7 gyms.
- Loan of subscriptions.
- Good against the flu.
- Three training days per year – you will get up to 3 free training days to use each year, starting on the anniversary of your start date.
- Charity – two day support – employees are eligible to request 2 days in any rolling 12 month period to volunteer to work for a registered charity and to request a contribution to their charity.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
- Referral bonus – up to £500 – £1000 depending on role.