Head of People Services, enableNY – Permanent Opportunity
Salary: LS2 £66,603 – £75,892
Location: HQ Northallerton, with the possibility of working from home and elsewhere
EnableNY was announced in April 2019 and took over management of the North Yorkshire Police (NYP) Enabling Services, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Services (NYFRS) and Office of Police , Fire and Crime Commissioner (OPFCC) in April 2020. The vision is for a more strategic transformation of the collaboration between police and firefighters that can bring about real change, focusing on results for the public rather than sovereignty organizational.
To align with this vision, the People Services function has been redesigned and a new
model and team structure have been implemented. This has seen the shift from a traditional HR service delivery model to a unified strategic partner model, serving all three clients, which focuses on proactive people solutions, continuous service improvement and measurable results. .
We now have an incredible opportunity for a People Services Leader who will continue to embrace the new operating model and execute on our People Services vision and strategic goals. You will lead a team of talented individuals across all service areas, including people operations; partnership of people; Talent & Development and Health & Well-Being.
- Operating in an agile environment, you will lead, manage and continue to drive engagement across the people services function, leading a proactive, customer-focused people service that delivers high standards of performance.
- Integrate the enableNY model to improve collaborative work between NYP and NYFRS.
- Lead ongoing organizational change initiatives of people across the Service to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to Police, Fire and Rescue leadership teams and Commissioner of Police, Fire and Crime to support all planning and decision-making.
- Lead complex employee relations issues, provide strategic direction to resolve personnel issues.
- Lead the development and implementation of new operational policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Staff Association and Unions to build strong and effective working relationships to enable all parties to achieve organizational goals.
- Manage budget and resources within the People Services function, continuously evaluating the effective use of public funds and looking for ways to generate efficiencies and potential revenue.
What you will bring to the position:
- A strategic leader with experience and expertise across all people, culture and organizational change.
- You will be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and organizational skills, enabling you to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at all levels in a complex operational environment.
- A resilient, values-driven leader who can guide people through cultural change while developing a high performing team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing complex employee relations and industrial relations in a unionized environment.
- Thanks to your proactive approach, you will quickly build your credibility allowing you to influence and inspire those around you.
- It is highly likely that the successful candidate will be a graduate (or equivalent), with proven experience leading the delivery of people services in a large, complex and dynamic organization.
For more information, please see our Recruitment Pack: Head of People Service Recruitment Pack.pdf
Application deadline: 9:00 a.m. on July 11, 2022