Ditch the brain drain, strengthen your business, and remove these five time-consuming tasks from your to-do list by using HR software to support and streamline your back-end processes.
1. Set up regular reviews and give credit where it’s due
Regular performance reviews, tailored to your organization and aligned with your business goals are a big plus. They help you track performance and engagement, recognize and reinforce good behaviors, and inspire your employees to adopt them.
But “regular” means every three to six months, and when you’re a busy small business owner, it’s easy to let something like this slip through the cracks. Especially when a study found that it can take an average of 17 hours to prepare for each exam!
Receive daily company news.
The latest stories, funding information and expert advice. Free registration.
HR software streamlines this entire process, tracking performance in a consistent and measurable way, automatically booking reviews, and notifying both parties of their time and location. It also supports business growth and employee morale by:
- Allowing you to set clear expectations, objectives and targets, which can easily be reviewed and updated;
- By linking them to your business goals, so you and your employees can see how their work directly contributes to business success; and
- Provide a platform for the team to share kudos, congratulations and praise each other for a job well done.
2. Make STP-compliant payroll smooth and hassle-free
HR software puts the power of payroll management back in your hands by taking care of all the work.
Are we talking about the complete financial service, including STP Compliance, and calculate and process individual installments, super and PAYG contributions? You bet. Reporting too, and all streamlined and frictionless.
3. Store your documents securely in the cloud
Telecommuting is obviously on the rise since the pandemic hit, and it is increasingly popular among employees. In fact, in a study80% of respondents said they would be more likely to stay in their current role if they could work remotely, suggesting this could have a big impact on retention rates.
All of this added flexibility and mobility means businesses need a secure, central place to store and retrieve work documents, and one of the key benefits of cloud HR software is that it’s accessible anywhere. has an internet connection.
Users can log in on any device to access what they need, when they need it, which naturally increases productivity. You can also see who viewed a document and send reminders and alerts with a single click, improving monitoring and workflow.
4. Manage leave requests in one place
Make stressful leave administration a thing of the past by using HR software to:
- Set up individual leave allowances in no time;
- Easily track and manage requests from one place; and
- Keep a calendar view of absences, for better planning and to avoid potential conflicts.
Your employees will also appreciate the switch to software, as they can use any device to log in and view their total vacation pay or book their time off.
5. Replace spreadsheets with software and put your employees first with an easy-to-use online system
Speaking of convenience and user experience as your greatest asset, you could make your staff (and your employer brand) a big favor by replacing spreadsheets with transparent software.
Filling in employee data, tracking training schedules, viewing rosters and organizing downtime – with the right HR software, essential daily tasks like these could be automated, streamlined and made so easy for your employees.
There’s no denying that running a small business is a big job around the clock, but HR and payroll software can at least help ease the “people management” side.
Start thinking about what you could do with all that overtime, week after week, year after year. Where else could you spend that time and energy?